The Problem With Cleaning Up Malware From Within Windows
When a computer is running normally and your internet security software runs within Windows everything is fine and you wouldn’t think about having a AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive near by. The problem then becomes how do you fix your infected PC after its been infected with Malware and Viruses and you can no longer boot up and run in normal mode? While very nasty Malware will try to defend itself and try shutting down your Antivirus/internet security software.
Then you have Rootkits, a type of Malware that can hide itself and often times can be trickier to remove. Many Rootkits will load at boot time in the processes and making it hard to track down in the Task Manager, or manually remove the culprits.
There are several Steps we will need to take to build our boot-able USB drive with the ability to scan an infected PC with Malware and or Viruses.
Items we’ll need to Build The AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive
- Rufus – We’ll use Rufus a Utility allowing us to Create Bootable USB Drives the easy way.
- AVG Rescue CD Utility – AVG Rescue CD Utility Rescue. Get your business back up and running rapidly in case of system crashes.
- A Blank USB – You can pickup a blank USB drive from any Electronic store.
- A Computer that isn’t infected to Build the AVG Rescue Boor USB Drive.
Download Software for our AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive
- Lets go to Rufus.akeo.ie and download the software for burning the USB Drive. A Rufus FAQ is available.
- We need to download AVG Rescue CD Utility – AVG Rescue CD Utility Rescue.
- Now you have the main components we will need our Blank USB Stick to start the process of creating the AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive.
Steps in Creating our AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive.
- Once we have the *.iso image downloaded on our PC we’ll burn this to the USB Drive using Rufus.
- Open Rufus and select the Device, File System.
- Be sure to select iso as we have already downloaded the .iso file and now need to burn this to the USB Drive.
- Now you should have a completely Bootable USB AVG Rescue disk to boot your infected computer and run a scan to clean up the system. Check back for our Part 2. How to Create an AVG Rescue Boot USB Drive to Clean your PC.